Outbackridersinc ATV Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letters to Elected Representatives

Go down

Letters to Elected Representatives Empty Letters to Elected Representatives

Post by Admin Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 am

For All Members
Today I have sent the following letters to Assemblywoman Duprey, Senator Little, and Senator Ritchie (who, though out of our district, is a strong advocate for off-road riding sports) regarding the Trail issue at Standish. Attached to each letter was a scan of all the signature pages recently collected by club members. Time will tell----

Letters follow:
--------------------------------------------
Dear Assemblywoman Duprey:
My name is Dennis Del Grosso, and I am the Vice President of the Outbackriders ATV Club in Clinton County. Club President Al Chapple and I met with you just prior to the elections in order to present a briefing on the current land restriction issue we are facing in the area just north of the village of Standish. This short segment of an existing trail was blocked by the DEC following a land survey which placed the trail within State Lands (thus prohibiting ATV access). This issue is still a major impediment to our Club's access from a trail that we lease within Clinton County to numerous miles of available trails and destinations in Franklin County. Because of this, the club members recently conducted a survey drive and accumulated slightly over 500 signatures requesting the DEC to reopen this trail segment for all riders to utilize. I am attaching an electronic copy of these signatures for your information and potential use. If you prefer, I can send you a hard copy of these signatures. I will be contacting Senators Little and Ritchie on this matter, and will also send the Senators an electronic copy of the signatures.
The Outback Riders ATV Club appreciates your efforts on our behalf. We sincerely hope the signatures will be of value to you in this effort, and if there is ANYTHING else that we can do to assist in reopening this trail segment, please let me know and I will be happy to coordinate any response necessary. Thank you very much for your time and effort on this cause.

Dear Senator Little:
My name is Dennis Del Grosso, and I am the Vice President of the Outbackriders ATV Club in Clinton County. The Club understands that you have been advocating on our behalf to find a solution to our trail access issue, which is a situation in the vicinity of the village of Standish wherein a change in a Land Survey by the DEC has closed a previously used ATV trail. As you may know, this short section of now prohibited trail effectively blocks all ATV access from Clinton County, where Outbackriders leases a trail between Dannemora and Lyon Mountain, to Franklin County, where there are many miles of useable trails and several destinations that cater to ATVs. Because this trail closure is a major impediment to our Club's usage of our ATVs, we conducted a survey drive and accumulated slightly over 500 signatures requesting that the DEC reopen this trail segment for all riders to utilize. I am attaching an electronic copy of these signatures for your information and potential use. If you prefer, I can send you a hard copy of these signatures. I will be contacting Senator Ritchie and Assemblywoman Duprey on this matter, and will also send them an electronic copy of the signatures.
The Outback Riders ATV Club appreciates your time and attention to this issue. We sincerely hope the signatures will be of value to you in this effort, and if there is ANYTHING else that we can do to assist in reopening this trail segment, please let me know and I will be happy to coordinate any response necessary. Thank you very much for your time and effort on this cause.

Dear Senator Ritchie:
My name is Dennis Del Grosso, and I am the Vice President of the Outbackriders ATV Club in Clinton County. It is our understanding that you have been a very strong advocate for the registration issues surrounding the use of Side by Side UTVs within the State of New York, and we would like to thank you for your efforts to rectify this issue that affects all UTV owners. As an elected official who understands the sport of off-road trail riding, we would like to request your assistance in an issue that affects ALL ATV and UTV use between Clinton and Franklin counties.
For many years, ATV/UTV access between the counties has been possible thru use of snowmobile trail C8A, which is the old D&H Railbed from the Village of Dannemora, thru Lyon Mountain, and into the village of Standish. At Standish, which is also effectively the Franklin county line, the trail turns into Wolf Pond Road, which is a Seasonal Road for Franklin county, and thus permissible for ATV/UTV use. For the last several years, Outback Riders has a paid lease with Chazy Resource Management for the use of the D&H Rail Bed to Lyon Mountain, and then a no cost least with Woodfield Investments for the segment between Lyon Mountain and Standish. This has provided a very nice trail from the center of Clinton County into Franklin County where there are many miles of seasonal roads and locations that cater to the ATV/UTV sport.
Unfortunately, a few years ago the DEC performed a land survey in the vicinity of Standish and Upper Chateaguay Lake which caused the final segment of trail to be within prohibited state lands, effectively blocking all ATV/UTV access between the counties. Because this trail closure is a major impediment to our Club's usage of our ATVs and UTVs, we conducted a survey drive and accumulated slightly over 500 signatures requesting that the DEC reopen this trail segment for all riders to utilize.
We would like to request your assistance in having this trail segment reopened, and have attached an electronic copy of these signatures for your potential use. If you prefer, I can send you a hard copy of these signatures. I will be contacting Senator Little and Assemblywoman Duprey on this matter, and will also send them an electronic copy of the signatures.
The Outback Riders ATV Club appreciates your time and attention to this issue. We sincerely hope the signatures will be of value to you in this effort, and if there is ANYTHING else that we can do to assist in reopening this trail segment, please let me know and I will be happy to coordinate any response necessary. Thank you very much for your time and effort on this cause.

Admin
Admin

https://outbackridersinc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum